One of the biggest questions that people considering moving to a single-source environment have is: How do I get buy in? There are two sides to this question: How do I get buy in from management? And How do I get buy in from my team?
Single-sourcing projects require new skill sets, new roles, and significant changes that forces productive and successful team members out of their comfort zones. It requires resources, dedication, and sponsorship from the enterprise as well.
Some things can be driven from the bottom up and some from the top, but regardless of where it starts, moving to a single-sourcing environment requires buy-in by all those whose process is affected directly or indirectly. An entire body of literature is dedicated to change management.
This presentation will share advice, guidance, and lessons learned from a variety of customers in a range of industries who have made this transition. Some of the issues covered in these case studies include:
- Keys to increasing adoption in writing teams
- Lessons learned throughout the process
- Strategies for rolling out new single-source authoring tools
- Typical tasks and roles
- Strategies to facilitate and encourage new skill acquisition
- How to transition content authoring processes
- Rolling out to distributed teams
- Special issues with regard to outsourced writing groups
- Redesigning processes to address business requirements for quality and traceability
- Presenting to upper management
Speaker: Liz Fraley, Single-Sourcing Solutions
Slides, show notes, transcripts, and other collateral are available to members of the TC Dojo Master Series and to customers of Single-Sourcing Solutions.
View the Slides
About Single-Sourcing Solutions
Single-Sourcing Solutions (www.single-sourcing.com) is an elite PTC partner specializing in Arbortext products. With over a decade’s experience with the Arbortext toolset and in the practical development and deployment of mission-critical, custom XML development, Single-Sourcing Solutions has the expertise required for successful dynamic information delivery. We are very active in the global Arbortext community and related information development communities.
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.