Did you know there is a new renaissance on the horizon? We are thrilled to see, more and more, a new enthusiasm about content creation to publication. We are all familiar with the words “content reuse” and “xml authoring” and “single-source” and “topic based authoring”. But all this talk is now coming from outside the walls of traditional tech pubs. It is starting to get a great deal of attention from the more creatively focused departments of Sales and, more notably, Marketing.
Now is the time for us to break down the walls that once divided the teams that create content. But how do you do that? Don’t sell yourself short! Those of you who have built your profession around the technology of creation and delivery have gained a great deal of insight. This expertise makes you a valuable resource for those seeking to adopt practices that are now like second nature to you.
Presented by: Liz Fraley, Single-Sourcing Solutions
Watch the Video
About Lightning Talks
Lightning talks are presentations that are highly focused. The format for this presentation was 20 slides in 5 minutes, auto advancing at timed intervals.
Other lightning talks at the 2011 STC Summit
- Robert Armstrong, Don’t Suck at Social Media
- Ben Woelk, Ten Ways to Shockproof Your Use of Social Networking
- Alan Houser, Myths, Fallacies, and Lies in Technical Communications
- Brenda Huettner, Lighting Design, Terminology and Audience Analysis: Succeeding without Winning
- Bill Swallow, Advice from the Trenches on Building Online Communities
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.