Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher
For the production of complex printed documents
Advanced Print Publisher enables automatic publishing of complex documents without sacrificing quality. Best-in-class typographic capabilities coupled with powerful automation tools allow users to create DTP quality output in a server or desktop environment. Global language support allows multi-lingual formatting from a single template, reducing production costs. Interactive fine-tuning enables content and aesthetic changes to be made post-composition.
Advanced Print Publisher (APP) is used throughout the world to automate the production of complex printed documents such as STM (Scientific/Technical/Medical) journals, legal documents, technical documentation, catalogs and directories. Because of it’s powerful formatting capabilities, APP is also the default underlying publishing engine for all Arbortext publishing products.
Do you want to:
- Spill text around a graphics clipping path
- Bleed off the page
- Get fancy with corners, gradients, and borders
- Add and rotate frames anywhere on the page
With APP you can do all this and much, much more!
With APP, you get the tools to create the layouts that you want. You don’t have to cut down your requirements for what you want to achieve, you just have to spend a little bit of extra effort achieving it.
~ Simon Taylor, Product Manager, PTC (podcast)
Features and Benefits
- Increased efficiency by automating processes and eliminating content conversions, you can improve productivity and increase the efficiency of your publishing process
- Reduced production costs by reducing manual effort and eliminating unnecessary tasks enables you to reduce your publishing costs
- High quality and consistency by automating, single source publishing ensures that your information is consistent across all types of documents and media, and Advanced Print Publisher’s high-quality output ensures high-quality, professional publications.
- Take advantage of APP’s power with all the Arbortext publishing products:
- Templates that you create in the Desktop version may be used for publishing in both the Desktop and Enterprise versions.
- You can use the Desktop version to touch up documents published by both the Desktop and Enterprise versions.
- You can create templates in the Desktop version that can be attached to Styler Stylesheets for use in Arbortext Styler and Arbortext Publishing Engine.
Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher (formerly known as 3B2) comes in two versions:
The desktop version gives users three key capabilities: create the templates (also called stylesheets) that control document layout; initiate the automated publishing of a document; and manually adjust each page’s layout after publishing.
Enterprise Version (Arbortext Publishing Engine)
The enterprise version provides fully unattended publishing through a server-based system that can optionally run multiple simultaneous publishing jobs on additional servers in the same local area network. You can increase the number of simultaneous publishing jobs by purchasing a license for each additional CPU. The enterprise version provides server functionality such as queue management, priority handling and load balancing.
In addition to reducing costs and production time, automation also gives publishers the flexibility to update information more frequently and to produce publications in more variations for multiple target audiences.
There are two typical implementations of Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher:
Each author uses the desktop version (one copy for each author) to create templates, initiate publishing, and touch up the result
Each author uses Arbortext Editor (one copy for each author) to create content, and a designer uses the desktop version to create templates. An enterprise server performs publishing, and a production manager uses the desktop version to touch up the result.
Find out whether Arbortext is right for your business
Watch a video
- Tricking Out Styler with Advanced Print Publisher Source Edits (YouTube)
- Automating High-Quality Output
- Inline SVG with Styler
- All about Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher (YouTube)
- Techniques for high-quality rendering in Styler
- DITA Style in Arbortext: It’s Easy!
Listen to a podcast
- Sigma-Aldrich optimized catalog publishing with PTC’s Arbortext solution
- “Where are they Now?” (presentation)
- Nikon Precision uses Arbortext end-to-end for content creation, management, and delivery
- Club Car Accelerates Global Customer Satisfaction
- Grand River Group Speeds Time to Market
How to Buy Publishing Engine
Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher Desktop and Arbortext Publishing Engine (APP Enterprise) are available as a subscription license only on a “node-locked” (fixed to a particular server) basis.
For Arbortext packaging and pricing questions, e-mail: email@example.com
Contact us to try Arbortext Editor with Styler free for 14 Days