Topic-Based writing: the basics
- The nature of a topic
- Topic morphology: title, short description (optionally) and content
- The importance of conceptual consistency
Topic-Based writing: content creation and management
- Standing alone versus story telling
- A theory of content architecture?
- Relationship to DITA and structured writing
Topic-Based writing: the very near future
- Feeding chat-bots
- Molecular content and Information 4.0
Watch the Video
Recorded: Mon, October 2 , 2017 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM PST
View the slides
References from the presentation
- Information 4.0: http://information4zero.org/
- Industry 4.0: https://www.i-scoop.eu/
- Atom: https://atom.io
- Frankenbooks: http://everypageispageone.com/
- Molecular content: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/defining-molecular-content-rob-gillespie/
Visiting Dojo Master
Rob Gillespie is Senior DITA expert based in Europe. He has worked in several different industries and is in demand for that expertise. He is results orientated with well developed motivational skills and the ability to inspire others to achieve. He is known for his ability to achieve consensus while employing exceptional advocacy skills to promote innovative solutions. But most of all he’s a strategic thinker with the ability to identify, diagnose and solve challenges.
About the TC Dojo
The TC Dojo is brought to you by Single-Sourcing Solutions. At the TC Dojo, you pick the topics and we find the experts.
You can’t ask questions of a video, so be sure to join the TC Dojo and never miss another session: http://join.tcdojo.org
Vote on future TC Dojo webinar topics here: http://survey.tcdojo.org
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.