Advanced Print Publisher (APP)
Advanced Print Publisher is used throughout the world to automate the production of complex printed documents such as STM (Scientific/Technical/Medical) journals, legal documents, technical documentation, catalogs and directories.
Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher comes in two versions:
- Enterprise (formerly 3B2 Enterprise Server)
- Desktop (formerly 3B2 Desktop)
“With APP, you get the tools to create the layouts that you want. You don’t have to cut down your requirements for what you want to achieve, you just have to spend a little bit of extra effort achieving it.” - podcast with Simon Taylor, PTC
The Desktop version gives users three key capabilities: create the templates (also called stylesheets) that control document layout; initiate the automated publishing of a document; and manually adjust each page’s layout after publishing.
The Enterprise version provides fully unattended publishing through a server-based system that can optionally run multiple simultaneous publishing jobs on additional servers in the same local area network. You can increase the number of simultaneous publishing jobs by purchasing a license for each additional job.
The Enterprise version provides server functionality such as queue management, priority handling and load balancing. The Enterprise version can be purchased standalone or as an add-on to Arbortext Publishing Engine.
Templates that you create in the Desktop version may be used for publishing in both the Desktop and Enterprise versions. And you can use the Desktop version to touch up documents published by both the Desktop and Enterprise versions.
Watch a Video, Listen to a Podcast
- Podcast: Real-Life Requirements for Advanced Layout from XML Content
- Video: All about Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher
In addition to reducing costs and production time, automation also gives publishers the flexibility to update information more frequently and to produce publications in more variations for multiple target audiences.
There are two typical implementations of Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher:
Each author uses the Desktop version (one copy for each author) to create templates, initiate publishing, and touch up the result
Each author uses Arbortext Editor (one copy for each author) to create content, and a designer uses the Desktop version to create templates.
An Enterprise server performs publishing, and a production manager uses the Desktop version to touch up the result.
How to Buy Arbortext
Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher is licensed on a "node-locked" - fixed to a particular machine's CPU - or concurrent basis depending on the version and type of deployment.
For Arbortext packaging and pricing questions, e-mail: email@example.com
Why choose APP?
Customer Success Stories
- Sigma-Aldrich optimized catalog publishing with PTC’s Arbortext solution
Features and Benefits
- Increased efficiency by automating processes and eliminating content conversions, you can improve productivity and increase the efficiency of your publishing process
- Reduced production costs by reducing manual effort and eliminating unnecessary tasks enables you to reduce your publishing costs
- High quality and consistency by automating, single source publishing ensures that your information is consistent across all types of documents and media, and Advanced Print Publisher’s high-quality output ensures high-quality, professional publications.
- Create and extend stylesheets for APP in Arbortext Styler
- See why Sigma-Aldrich chose APP to Optimize their catalog publishing