The familiar word processing interface makes it easy for authors to create and edit structured XML and SGML content for reuse and automated publishing.
Configuration, development, and prototyping tool.
Arbortext Architect provides configuration, development and prototyping tools to help developers build Arbortext applications for converting, creating, publishing and delivering documentation and publications.
- Graphical Data Modeling editor for maintaining XML DTDs and Schemas
- Automated assistance for generating test content for stylesheets and authoring templates
- Legacy data conversion workbench
- Tools to integrate custom doctypes in the Arbortext environment
Arbortext Architect includes a graphical user interface for development and maintenance of DTDs (Document Type Definitions) and XML Schemas.
Architect helps you customize the authoring environment by customizing and creating toolbars, embedding forms for capturing data, and creating tag aliases to support multi-lingual applications.
Arbortext Architect’s graphical data modeling interface helps you build and maintain Document Type Definitions and Schemas that support your unique business requirements.
- Improved Productivity - Eases implementation by creating modular, maintainable XML DTDs and Schemas using the graphical data modeling editor
- Simplified legacy migration - Enables automatic conversion of legacy content to XML in Arbortext Publishing Engine by creating conversion maps using Architect’s graphical map editor; migrate SGML applications to XML using the built-in conversion aids
- Enable multi-lingual applications - Presenting element names to authors in their native language via tag aliases
- Improve author productivity - Quickliy and easily create document templates, custom toolbars and embedded input forms tailored to perform specific tasks
Find out whether Arbortext is right for your business
Watch a video
How to Buy Arbortext
Arbortext Architect is licensed on a concurrent basis. For Arbortext packaging and pricing questions, e-mail: [email protected]
Explore other parts of the product suite
The industry's leading technical illustrations solution enables organizations to communicate information about their products and services by lowering publishing, translation and illustration costs.
Enables publication designers to create multi-channel XML-based stylesheets for automated publishing in a simplified user interface.
Arbortext Publishing Engine
Automatically extracts XML and SGML content from file systems or content management systems, assembles that content for different audiences, and publishes the assembled content automatically to print, Web, PDF, Microsoft Word, HTML Help, and other media formats.
There is a small-team version and large-scale, multi-threaded server version.
Arbortext Content Manager
An integral component of the PTC Dynamic Publishing System, that provides a single source of information, maintains control at every component level, preserves component relationships, and provides configuration management capabilities to enable organizations to optimize their publishing process.
Arbortext eLearning Library
Recorded versions of official Arbortext courses broken down into 1-hour segments that you can watch as often as you like. Includes training for all Arbortext products.
The industry's leading intelligent graphics viewer enables readers to view and interact with all types of technical illustrations and animations: raster formats (e.g., JPEG, TIFF), vector formats (e.g., CGM), 2D and 3D illustrations and animations, static and interactive graphics.