What is the AOTk?
The AOTk is a set of plugins that will allow you to use Arbortext products directly with DITA Open Toolkit.
Tools to connect Arbortext and the DITA OT:
- AOTk Publish - DITA OT Add-on for Arbortext Editor
- AOTk Publish Server - DITA OT Add-on for Arbortext Publishing Engine
- AOTk Publish Windchill - DITA OT Add-on for Arbortext Content Manager, Arbortext PDMLink, and Windchill
- AOTk PDF2 - DITA OT Add-on to replace FOP with Arbortext Publishing Engine
- And there's still more to come!
We have everything you need for DITA
DITA is one of the most important innovations in XML publishing in years.
- Easier application development and maintenance
- Faster author training
- Better information reuse and sharing
What is DITA?
Short for "Darwin Information Typing Architecture," DITA is an IBM invention that the company contributed to the community under the auspices of OASIS. DITA is an architecture based on XML for publishing technical information, and you can think of DITA as having three distinctive characteristics:
- DITA is a data model - In other words, DITA defines a DTD and an equivalent Schema that prescribe which tags you may use. What makes DITA unique is that you create your own tags using a mechanism called "specialization" that requires you to define new tags by basing them on existing tags.
- DITA is a methodology for reuse- Unlike book-oriented approaches to data modeling, which lead authors to continue writing information in a monolithic form, DITA is a topic-based approach to authoring that leads authors to write small, standalone modules that can more readily be reused in multiple document types.
- DITA is an information architecture- To communicate information with the greatest effectiveness and efficiency, DITA defines an approach to writing and presenting information that embodies decades of experience. DITA specifies that technical information be classified as a Concept, Task or Reference, which guides authors to write more specifically with the fewest possible words.
Watch a video
- From the Monster Garage:
- Video: DITA Style in Arbortext; It's Easy!
Learn about DITA
- DITA—4 Letters you need to know
- 10 Secrets to a successful DITA implementation
- DITA OT Project Page
- Arbortext/DITA blog on dita.xml.org
Ready to go beyond DITA?
- Video: ROI of XML-- a panel discussion with industry leaders from medical device, high tech, manufacturing, and telecom
- Video: Transformative Approach to Component Content Management Strategy
- Video: Discover the Hidden Treasure of Dynamic Product Information
We have everything you need for DITA
DITA is one of the most important innovations in XML publishing in years. However, if you're using the DITA OT, you're going to want to connect it to a pure XML editor right away and replace the PDF rendering as well.
DITA OT Add-on for Arbortext Editor
- Execute DITA OT publishing directly from inside Arbortext Editor
- Publish to all formats supported by the DITA OT: PDF, HTML/XHTML, HTML Help, RTF, Java help, eclipse help, troff, docbook, ePub, etc
- Override built-in composition dialogs
- New menu items and dialogs
- Use Arbortext Editor's native change-tracking directly with the DITA OT
AOTk Publish Server
DITA OT Add-on for Arbortext Publishing Engine (PE)
- Execute DITA OT publishing directly from Arbortext Publishing Engine
- Use the DITA OT to extend the publishing capabilities of Publishing Engine: ePub, Java help, eclipse help, troff, docbook,and any other formats supported by the DITA OT
AOTk Publish Windchill
DITA OT Add-on for all the flavors of Windchill
- Execute DITA OT publishing directly from Arbortext Content Manager, Arbortext PDMLink, and Windchill
- Execute the DITA OT from a Windchil workflow
- Everything you get from AOTk Publish, only directly from the Windchil environment!
Use Arbortext Publishing for your PDF composition in the DITA OT
- Transtype/plug-in for using Arbortext Publishing for PDF
- Optionally use Arbortext publishing also for HTML, RTF, CHM, and web
- Replace Apache FOP with Arbortext Publishing Engine in the DITA OT
- Take advantage of built-in Arbortext Advanced Print Publsher for advanced layout directly from the DITA OT
- Call Arbortext Publishing Engines directly from the DITA OT
Our team comes from a background in software development and Technical Documentation publishing, editing, and conversion.
We have over a decade's experience with the Arbortext toolset, DITA, and in the practical development and deployment of mission-critical, custom XML development.
If you need help instaling the freeplug-in, you can call the Advisory Line for assistance. Other customers can call their sales rep or support engineer for assistance.
Want the AOTk?