- Date: 2 July 2018
- Time: 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM Pacific/US
About the Visiting Dojo Master
Katherine (Kit) Brown-Hoekstra is an STC Fellow and former STC Society President (2014-15), certified trainer for the STC Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC) program, a member of the Colorado State University Media Hall of Fame for the Dept. of Journalism, and a 2017 Toastmasters District 26 Communication and Leadership Award recipient. She is an experienced consultant with over 25 years of experience in technical communication, much of it working with life sciences companies and localization teams. As Principal of Comgenesis, LLC, Kit provides consulting and training to her clients on a variety of topics, including localization, content strategy, and content management. She speaks at conferences worldwide and publishes regularly in industry magazines. She coauthored a book on managing virtual teams and recently edited The Language of Localization for the Content Wrangler and XML Press. Her blog is www.pangaeapapers.com.
Watch the Video
Recorded: 2 July 2018
View the Slides
Kit also gave this presentation at STC Summit 2017.
Kit asked for folks to type in if they were morning or night people. Here are the results from those people who typed in answers:
- 70% said they were morning people
- 25% said they were night people
- 8% said either both or something else like "late afternoon"
Kit also asked what task are you most wanting to work on to increase your productivity? Here's what people said:
- Identifying small tasks
- Writing speed
- Not being distracted
- "Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Results" by Christina Wodtke
- Full Focus Planner by Michael Hyatt
- Franklin Planner (July 2018-Jun3 2019)
- Kit also mentioned the Kolbe index. We did a webinar on collaboration with with one of the Kolbe practitioners, Andrew Lawless.
About the TC Dojo
At the TC Dojo, you pick the topics and we find the experts.
You can’t ask questions of a video, so be sure to join the TC Dojo and never miss attending live: http://join.tcdojo.org
Vote on future TC Dojo webinar topics here: http://survey.tcdojo.org