MathFlow for Arbortext
MathFlow: The MathML Toolbox
MathFlow for Arbortext, created in partnership with PTC, provides mathematical equation support for Arbortext Editor and Arbortext Publishing Engine. Design Science partnered with PTC to create two products that install into Arbortext Editor and Arbortext Publishing Engine.
MathFlow by Design Science provides editing, display, and accessibility of mathematical notation for websites, applications, and services. MathFlow components are widely used in education, publishing, and enterprise solutions, as well as commercial products.
The technology at the heart of MathFlow is MathML, the XML standard for representing mathematical notation. MathML is a component of a number of standards.
There are two components available to assist with authoring and publishing needs:
- MathFlow Editor – a full-featured WYSIWYG MathML equation editor that installs into Arbortext Editor for authoring and editing MathML equations. In addition, it enables import of Microsoft Word documents, with equations as MathML instances within an XML document.
- MathFlow Composer – works with Arbortext Editor or Arbortext Publishing Engine for PDF and web output of MathML equations.
MathFlow Editor is a native MathML equation editor that works with Arbortext Editor.
MathFlow Editor’s user interface is similar to how Design Science’s MathType and Equation Editor products work with Microsoft Word — the operator double-clicks on an equation in an XML document and it automatically opens in the MathFlow Editor window.
Composing new equations is as easy as clicking on the MathFlow Editor button in Arbortext Editor’s toolbar. Equations appear in typeset form within Arbortext Editor and are saved as MathML within the XML document.
MathFlow Editor also adds equation conversion to PTC’s Arbortext Import/Export feature.
MathFlow Composer works with Arbortext Editor or Arbortext Publishing Engine to create PDF and web output of MathML equations.
MathFlow Composer works together with Arbortext Composer and Arbortext Publishing Engine to generate output documents with properly formatted mathematical equations.
The following composition options are available in MathFlow Composer:
- Draft PDF Composition: generates a PNG image for each equation, to be included in the PDF file.
- High Quality PDF Composition: generates postscript code for each equation (this feature is available only on Windows).
- HTML Composition: saves an HTML or XHTML version of the document that can be viewed with a web browser.
Find out whether Arbortext is right for your business
How to Buy MathFlow
MathFlow Editor and MathFlow Composer are purchased separately and can be licensed on a “node-locked” (fixed to a particular machine’s CPU) or concurrent basis.
For packaging and pricing questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org