At Single-Sourcing Solutions, Inc., our focus is on customers who, for one reason or another, prefer to pursue an in-house or limited-resource-based implementation rather than a fast, large-team implementation. We focus on acting as mentors or as part-time resources to assist implementers while they're getting started.
We help in-house teams learn to do it themselves by providing an on-call resource that can assist as necessary.
- We teach people how to do document analysis, so they can do it themselves, one book at a time, as their staff has time to devote to the project.
- We can act as a jump-start team, doing initial stylesheet development or tool implementation with the intention to hand it over to the in-company team as soon as they feel ready to take it over.
Our approach is to provide honest, direct advice — and just the right amount of assistance — to take new Arbortext customers from purchase to production.
What We Do
Every day, our experts bring XML technology and single-sourcing theory together to make "write once, publish everywhere" a reality. The goal of any single-sourcing project always the same: To increase the efficiency of the entire staff as the demand for documentation increases while staffing and resources do not.
Successful single-sourcing solutions address several key needs:
- The authoring environment must be user-friendly and easy to learn.
- The look and feel of the published documents must be comparable to the existing published documentation.
- The environment must scale easily, so that it can be altered and enhanced without major infrastructure changes going forward.
- The tools and processes must fit customer project needs.
For us, single sourcing is more than just theory. It's a practical, reachable goal for any company. Single-sourcing environments promote efficiency and productivity by reducing maintenance and overhead.
Our team looks for the tools that support scaling and productivity. We tune existing skills, workflow, and processes to new tools that help single-sourcing efforts achieve success in their environments.
What we do:
- Full-Gamut Single Sourcing: Code, Definition, Help, Documentation
- Automated publishing to multiple media: print, PDF, Web, Palm, eBook, CD-ROM, wireless
- Develop tools to facilitate document creation and editing tasks
- Deliver classroom instruction with sample documents and exercises tailored to your business
- Assist legacy documentation conversion
- Application-specific XML tools development
Why We Do It
These presentations, videos, and podcasts are our attempt to bring tribal knowledge to light. Learn more about using Arbortext from real users. At Single-Sourcing Solutions, we all started as customers. We all learned from other people — customers, users, PTC/Arbortext resources.
We have found that people who learn Arbortext are premium resources to their companies. Nearly noArbortext specialists are out in the wild. Every new customer has to grow a specialist from scratch. And it’s not easy to do. The learning curve is high. You need to learn a new product and to learn how to implement it well. That takes time and resources.
To become a journeyman, an apprentice must first become a craftsman.
Consultants play a part similar to that of the journeymen of the guild systems: they often travel a lot, work at many different companies and spread new practices and knowledge between companies and corporations.
Our goal here is to is to expand the resources available to everyone in the community. If you’re working with the product — or just want to learn about it — please join one of our community service projects!
Together, we can achieve what we all want to do: To be masters of our craft.
About Single-Sourcing Solutions
Single-Sourcing Solutions is reseller of PTC’s Arbortext and Arbortext Content Manager (Windchill) products. With over a decade’s experience with the Arbortext toolset and in the practical development and deployment of mission-critical, custom XML development, Single-Sourcing Solutions has the expertise required for successful dynamic information delivery. Single-Sourcing Solutions is active in the global Arbortext community and related information development communities.
For more information on Single-Sourcing Solutions, please visit http://www.single-sourcing.com.
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.