Here’s a short summary of SPRs and enhancements added to the product release. Many SPRs and enhancements are part of the release. We highly recommend you log in to the support site and read the release notes. If you have an active maintenance contract you can download the new version from the PTC-Support website as usual. If you need any help please contact our Support team.
In addition to bug fixes, this release adds full support for the Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher (APP) feature. For earlier releases, APP was classified as a Technology Preview, and recommended for use only in test environments.
- Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher (APP) fully supported as an alternate composition engine in Publishing Engine and Styler.
- DITA application updated to support the DITA 1.2 Specification
SPR Fixes in this Release
- 1858029: Toolbars are now properly displayed according to the toolbar configuration last saved in the Arbortext Editor preferences file.
- 1947085: When comparing documents with Arbortext Editor, certain small differences are now properly identified as changes.
- 1965847: Edit->Paste Excel now succeeds when copying from a COM-embedded instance of Microsoft Excel except when running under a CJK Windows environment, when using a CJK installation of the main application (such as Microsoft Word), and in cases where the Excel instance refers to a CJK file name or sheet name.
- 1966090: Context checking no longer is incorrectly turned off when accepting or rejecting a change-tracked selection.
- 1967306: Arbortext Editor no longer terminates unexpectedly when a destroy hook for the Modify Attributes dialog box raises a window.
- 1968576: Tables are no longer rendered incorrectly in the Edit pane when spanning in certain cases where an AOM attribute modified handler is active.
- 1970352: Arbortext Editor no longer displays a negative left indent.
- 1973641: Arbortext Editor no longer terminates unexpectedly in certain situations when opening and resizing while loading a document containing tables.
- 1976595: Changes made to table element attribute values using the Modify Attributes dialog box are no longer tracked when using change tracking.
- 1976865: Arbortext Editor no longer fails to set table column names when the table contains a completely spanned row.
Composition and Publishing
- 1787253: When using Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher (APP) to publish a document, the footnote separator rule now honors the layout direction.
- 1787334: When using APP to publish a document, breaking across block or slim table columns when those columns progress from right to left now happens properly.
- 1865266: When publishing documents containing shaded areas in boxed regions to print or PDF using the FOSI engine, the shaded areas now properly break across pages.
- 1937484: A tag immediately following a cellfont processing instruction (PI) within a table entry now properly reflects the attributes of the cellfont PI when publishing to print or PDF using the FOSI engine.
- 1946985: When using the Arbortext Publishing Engine to publish documents to HTML using a stylesheet specifyingthat cascading style sheets are not to be written to external files, an empty CSS file folder is no longer created.
- 1949245: Line numbers are no longer off by one number in certain rare line breaking situations when publishing to print or PDF using the FOSI engine.
- 1952044: When using templates created for use with Arbortext Editor 5.3 and earlier, composing a document containing profile information to the web no longer generates error messages.
- 1958240: Color is now consistently continued from one page to the next when publishing to PDF with Adobe Distiller on Solaris.
- 1959829: Composing documents to XSL or web no longer terminates unexpectedly when the stylesheet OutputProperties disables the generated text in the BaseProperties.
- 1959832: Composing documents to XSL or web no longer terminates unexpectedly when the stylesheet specifies conditions on the context of an element styled as a footnote.
- 1969179: Certain EPS files created by CorelDraw which previously did not appear in published output are now properly published using the Arbortext Publishing Engine.
- 1975974: When using APP to publish a document, tables smaller than full width will now align appropriately based on the layout direction.
- 1976267: When publishing documents using APP, footnotes are removed when the footnote reference is carried forward to the next page.
- 1976983: When using APP to publish a document, indents applied to table cells will now honor the layout direction.
- 1977206: Corrected an issue creating broken links in PDFs published using APP.
- 1978112: When publishing documents using APP, content no longer renders off the page when pages have different frame sizes and right-to-left layout direction is used in the stylesheet.
- 1979285: When publishing documents using APP, the appropriate column separators are now drawn in tables using a right-to-left layout direction.
- 1979619: When publishing documents using APP, using size definitions in the indent following lines property of numbered or bulleted items no longer causes rendering issues in lists.
- 1980684: Improved line breaking when publishing Thai documents using APP.
- 1981064: Rotating flexible width blocks is now supported when publishing documents using APP.
- 1981086: When using Arbortext Styler to configure right-aligned numbers, padding the Align at value with an extra .25em to produce the proper alignment is no longer necessary.
PTC Server connection and Repository Adapter
- 1964950: When using the PTC Server connection to check out DITA map files, checkout performance is greatly improved.
- 1971800: Arbortext Editor no longer terminates unexpectedly when using the PTC Server connection to view, edit, or get the properties of certain objects.
Arbortext Command Language (ACL)
- 1957125: The ACL function create_copypaste_map() no longer fails when the destination path does not exist. If the destination path can be created, the function succeeds. If it cannot be created, an error is reported.
For more information
Documentation supporting Arbortext is delivered in the Arbortext Editor Help Center. You can download the release notes for this and all recent releases from the Reference Documentation area of the PTC web site at ptc.com.
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.