Here’s a short summary of SPRs and enhancements added to the product release. Many SPRs and enhancements are part of the release. We highly recommend you log in to the support site and read the release notes. If you have an active maintenance contract you can download the new version from the PTC-Support website as usual. If you need any help please contact our Support team.
The 6.0 M040 release includes new features. You must update your stylesheets to use this release. Ensure that you carry out the updates for stylesheets on all clients and servers in your environment, as necessary.
Fixes apply to Editor, Styler, Publishing, Publishing Engine, Import, the DITA application, XUI, and the PTC Server connection.
The release notes have this to say:
- 1864426: Custom tables inserted via content reference include any generated text within the table as expected.
- 2114797: Arbortext Editor now provides the environment variable APTXERCESCOMPLEXTYPECHECK. Set APTXERCESCOMPLEXTYPECHECK=0to work around a problem where attribute declarations are ignored in some complex schemas.
- 2115248: The doc_open function prompts for HTTPcredentials as expected, allowing the operation to complete.
- 2115480: Opening a document in Arbortext Editor will no longer generate a stylesheet warning about a scoped time-independent variable in the TOC.
- 2118774: A 64-bit Arbortext Editor environment no longer terminates unexpectedly after loading certain EPS files.
- 2120818: Arbortext Editor no longer unexpectedly terminates when withdrawing a dialog control in certain situations.
- 2120973: Newly created tag templates will be saved with the proper namespace declarations.
- 2121150: Arbortext Editor no longer returns errors when paging through a document that includes a large number of CGM graphics.
- 2121352: An additional listitem is no longer created in the resulting list when a set of paragraphs is transformed into an itemized/ordered list.
- 2121835: A print operation from a Windows XP Arbortext Editor environment to a printer with a name longer than 32 characters will now complete as expected.
- 2122095: SGML document types with a large number of declared entities willnow successfully compile.
- 2122267: You can now select a table cell that follows a cell that contains an xref, when working in a DITA document.
- 2123016: The panel for a _touchup processing instruction displays the attribute value fields on the correct tabs.
- 2124781: The version of IsoView included with Arbortext Editor has been updated to 7.3 F000.
2125835 Arbortext Editor will no longer appear to pause if the IsoEngine process is launched during a publish operation.
- 2127871: Editing size values with the free version of Arbortext Styler no longer causes Arbortext Editor to terminate unexpectedly.
- 2128331: Using the option while modifying a graphic file attribute from the Document Map will no longer cause Arbortext Editor to terminate unexpectedly.
- 2128385: Arbortext Editor will now check in new objects added to a non wellformed document.
- 2130260: The ACL function dlgitem_set_table_cell_image_at() has been updated. Providing an empty string as the image name will clear the cell.
- 2130847: An image will no longer be incorrectly duplicated in all the rows of a table control.
- 2131396: Insertions will now correctly work if a pending delete is cancelled via the delete_region hook.
- 2131738: Methods from the ACL object will now be available during custom directory initialization.
- 2096915: Table header rows with vertical spanning no longer break incorrectly in PDF output generated by APP engine.
- 2098388: Characters defined as control charactersin Unicode can now be accessed and output in PDF.
- 2105201: Unwanted justification after a TAB character has been removed when outputting PDF via the APP engine.
- 2108131: Text in a page wide table is displayed in the correct font style in PDF output generated by the APP engine.
- 2111679: 2 column text following a page wide element is displayed correctly in PDF output generated by the APP engine.
- 2113589: Change bars for a table are correctly placed in the left margin of the page in PDF output generated by the APP engine.
- 2113595: Change bars for a bulleted list are correctly placed in the left margin of the page in PDF output generated by the APP engine.
- 2113598: Change bars no longer continue beyond the element for which they are scoped in PDF output generated by the APP engine.
- 2116927: A mustFit property has been implemented for tables and blocks to ensure that they fit in the available space even when rotated. Include block.mustFit = true; (or table.mustFit = true; as applicable) in APP edited source to activate the fit.
- 2117322: Justification settings are obeyed in PDF output when a line breaks due to an inline keep.
- 2119996: Special characters now display as expected in web output.
- 2120601: Numbers and generated text for list items without Keep number at beginning of line set are included in HTML outputs as expected.
- 2122274: A PDF publishing operation completes as expected.
- 2122675: A preview to RTF operation from an Arbortext Styler stylesheet now completes as expected.
- 2122999: An unexpected horizontal rule is no longer added to a table when a document is published to RTF output.
- 2123455: Centered tables display correctly in RTF output.
- 2124058: Non-first lines of a TOC entry are now displayed in the correct font size.
- 2126046: Deep content splitting of a vertical span no longer leads to misplaced content in PDF output generated by the APP engine.
- 2126058: Borders are drawn as expected for rows that span to the frame in a table in RTF output.
- 2126565: Embedded graphics in RTF output are scaled correctly.
- 2126789: Text characters that do not exist in the current font will be displayed in a default fallback font in output generated by the FOSI engine. An error message will be displayed if the character does not exist in the default font either.
- 2127244: A PDF preview or publishing operation via the APP engine completes as expected.
- 2127254: A narrow empty table column will no longer be made wider to accommodate margins in HTML output viewed in a browser.
- 2127376: The correct styles are applied to items in RTF output.
- 2127394: An Export to RTF transformation sets the role of a paragraph correctly. The resulting item will display as requested, for example in sub- or superscript.
- 2127577: Page numbers in a PDF index reference the correct page.
- 2129717: A PDF preview or publishing operation via the APP engine completes as expected.
- 2130267: Table column widths specified with a % character are handled correctly.
- 2130479: Duplicate index terms no longer appear in PDF output generated by the APP engine.
- 2131682: Content of a nested table is formatted correctly as a table in PDF output.
- 2131748: ElementContent and XPathString elements in a cross reference format definition provide generated text as expected when the definition is called by a division reference.
- 1838823: A resource error message no longer appears when moving topic references between maps from the command line area.
- 2119571: DITA topicrefs inserted using Resource Manager no longer include an erroneous keyref="0" attribute.
- 2119757: A warning is now issued if a profile value for a DITA document is invalid based on permitted syntax.
- 2119779: Warnings about invalid URLs are now correctly suppressed when dita::setDitaSuppressInvalidURLMessages ("always",1) is set.
- 2124990: Invalid error messages about conkeyrefs are no longer reported when performing a completeness check on a bookmap.
- 2125003: Creating a DITA topic from a template no longer overwrites existing ID values in content references to other elements in the same topic.
- 2127634: Key Definition processing correctly handles content references in maps, so they will no longer flag errors.
- 2131934: DITA completeness checking will no longer open graphic files.
- 2130614: Arbortext Styler now presents the correct elements as the previous level when configuring title numbering in a.style stylesheet generated from a FOSI.
- 2117797: An RTF to XML transformation completes as expected when the source RTF includes lists that contain only one item each.
- 2120979: An import project will terminate unexpectedly if the cpix and classes libraries exist on a network drive. The new environment variable APTIMPORTEXPORTCPIXallows the specification of an alternate non-networked path to the libraries.
- 2128952: A docx to XML transformation no longer adds duplicated content.
Arbortext Publishing Engine
- 2120923: On the Windows Server 2008 (32-bit) and Windows Server 20008 R2 (64-bit) platforms, changes to SYSTEM environment variables are visible to Arbortext Publishing Engine without needing to reboot Windows. Change the SYSTEM environment variable then restart Arbortext Publishing Engine.
- 2121299: A new f=convert option allows control of how character entities are written when producing XML with the ACL write command. xml-char-ent = same | char | entref | numref
- 2121333: The number of databases that a DLM server can support has been increased from 8 to 64.
- 2121350 Additional spaces in the Arbortext Publishing Engine server URL preference no longer cause issues with accessing Queued Transactions information.
- 2126183: The ruleset parameters generateManifest and generateRuleLogs now generate the expected files.
PTC Server connection and Repository Adapter
- 2121074: Arbortext Editor can remake its connection to a Windchill server after a power outage, and retrieve a saved version of the previously active document.
- 2125832: Bursting of file entities will no longer produce parser errors in certain situations.
- 2126949: The Adapter to Windchill no longer fails to find an intelligent graphic when the file extension does not match the supplied GRAPHICS value for the graphic entity’s notation.
- 2127220: Metadata for security labels is now prefixed with SL::.
- 2129024: Arbortext Editor no longer rejects a download of graphic files via the Windchill Adapter under certain circumstances.
- 2124762: A scrolling group box in a XUI dialog will maintain its scroll position as the contents are changed.
For more information
Documentation supporting Arbortext is delivered in the Arbortext Editor Help Center. You can download the release notes for this and all recent releases from the Reference Documentation area of the PTC web site at ptc.com.
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.