Get an introduction to the open source arena and the tools you’ll find there. Learn how open source has changed the writer’s authoring environment and how you can leverage what you find to work in new ways.
About the Visiting Dojo Master
Mary Anthony has co-founded a company, managed writing teams, developed documentation deployment infrastructure, and designed user interfaces. She has worked for over nine startups in places like New York, California, Texas, and Germany. Her experience includes open source, clinical research, container technologies, security software, business intelligence software, source control software, and system administration.
In her spare time, Mary hikes, runs trails, dances, and studies classical figure drawing. Recently, she completed a 100-mile through-hike on the Allegheny trail and a few passable art pieces.
Watch the Video
Recorded: 6 August 2018
Stack Overflow Survey Links
Stack Overflow Documentation
Social Coding Services
Version Control software
- Git Source Control Management (SCM)
- Mercurial SCM
- List of resources for learning Git
- Interactive online tutorial that requires no install
- Atom, a free open source ASCII editor
- Sublime, a popular paid ASCII editor
- Original, Markdown creator
- Markdown flavors
- GitHub Flavored Markdown Spec
- Ranked list of static file generator software
- GitHub Pages + Jeykll for fast blog
- Lightweight Markup Languages: This Is Why You Should Use AsciiDoc Over Regular Markdown
One more resource from us…
- Check out GitUp – a git client that is not GitHub-specific and has been said to have a great tree visualizer.
You might also like…
About the TC Dojo
At the TC Dojo, you pick the topics and we find the experts.
You can’t ask questions of a video, so be sure to join the TC Dojo and never miss attending live: http://join.tcdojo.org
Vote on future TC Dojo webinar topics here: http://survey.tcdojo.org